Tuesday 1 April 2014

Assignment 2: The attractor Submission


The Process

1) First I created a set of points that ould direct an over all arc to my object. 


2) These points were arced and an inner arc was created for the adjoining lines vectors. 




3) A series of lines were created that fed form one arc to the corresponding series item within the other.
4) This result was piped. 



3d Printing 

New Printed Version of Attractor Design


 I started encountering problems with the Maker bot during the second half of printing my design.
 I believe that when I had sliced the two half to separate them from one another, I may have sliced horizontally as well, and slightly offset the cut pieces which has resulted in the Maker bot skipping layers when printing.



 1/2 pieces that I will use for submission, however certain pieces need to by glued back together.





This script was developed in order to over come some of the floors in the previous 'Attractor Design'



Old Attractor Design - now obsolescent 

 Printed Result using Blue Filament within the MakerBot.
Wasn't as successful as I would have hoped. Further Model developing and refining needed.






Alternating My design

I encountered a number of problems when I showed my tutor my previous model saying that the model was too "stringy' and 'dramatic'. This would cause trouble for the extruder during my model creation and from her experience, would fail during the process. I sort to fix this problem by changing the rotational angle and the thickness of the 'tube' polygons by changing the radius. I created a more organic shape and found that this was more suitable for 3d printing. 









No comments:

Post a Comment